Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Narnia

I went to see The Lion, The Witch and the wardrobe recently. I enjoyed it quite a lot. The imagery all fit. Aslan was suitably impressive looking. If like me you have fond memories of reading The Chronicles of Narnia as a child then you will enjoy this movie. It is little long and some of the scenes drag on a bit but other than that it is very good. It mainly made me remember all the make believe games I use to play when I was a kid. Peter's story in the movie was pretty much my ultimate fantasy. Much talk has been made of the Christian nature of the work. I would explain at length about the misconceptions of much of this talk but forutnately someone else has already written a much better essay than I could. Here it is. As another aside, People Suck. In particular people who go to movies that I am watching and eat chips in noisiest way possible. Every time I go to the movies in the evening I am viscerally reminded why I enjoy going to Matinee showings so much more. Particularly nearly empty Matinee showings.

No comments:

Post a Comment